Sunday, January 24, 2021

It Costs A Lot To Win And Even More To Lose

Kinda bored, figured I would sketch out a way-too-early Kaldheim decklist.

My goal initially here is to test a bunch of stuff. The list is going to have some cards that I'm almost certain won't make it that far, but you never really know until you try. If something looks out of place, or missing, then this is why.




First off, no Chandra. Mostly because I'm trying other stuff out to see how it goes, but in the back of my mind I'm also testing out how a no-Chandra list plays out in order to play Jegantha. I don't know if it will ever happen, but the idea of Mono-Black with four copies of Faceless Haven scares me, since I already think that matchup is close. Jegantha would allow for us to also have a way to use mana in a topdeck war, and they can't really attack into it with the Haven. It's a big, beefy creature that is hard to get off the table with Eliminates and Fatal Pushes. Playing without Kazandu Mammoth, Chandra, or Shatterskull Smashing is certainly a cost, but if these Kaldheim cards turn out to be good, they won't be missed as badly.



Second, I'm testing out Eliminate, but I'm expecting that Bonecrusher Giant needs to be put back in. Without Chandra, Bonecrusher Giant is our best bet on a card that's able to be a removal spell, threat, and value in one. It's also a nice add if Esika's Chariot turns out to be something worth doing. I also really like where Vraska is at, since there are likely going to be some incidental artifacts hanging around from being the back side of God creatures.

As I said, it's just a list to test out how some cards work, since the format itself won't be very fleshed out yet. I think that on Thursday the 28th, when the set drops, I'll be on Twitch for at least some of the day, testing stuff out if you're interested in joining. And once I get a grasp on some of these cards, I'll refine the list and get something up on Youtube. Let me know in the comments if there's anything you think I should be testing out but am not, or just whatever. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment